Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quizzing and Competing!


It was a wonderful experience, being one of the teams at the Tata Crucible Quiz's stage! Out of 120 teams that participated in the Mumbai regional rounds , and we girls managed to crack the finals. The questions were all based on lateral thinking and business awareness (a lot of them were about Tatas though!). We got more than 50% of the questions right in the prelims and were confident of qualifying. In the next rounds, we did try our best but lost out with just a question in the buzzer round. Learning: Not only the correct answers get counted but the speediest ones.Only one team moved to the National finals, and indeed they deserved the win. We came back with a renewed vigour for contesting next year and a couple of great prizes!

Quiz master Pickbrain's quizzing is fast paced and witty and I enjoyed the questions thoroughly. Another satisfying thing was that I found an excellent quizzing partner in my class, Chika, she is very bright and is as interested in quizzing as I am. I 've been part of Delhi University quizzing circuit and Brand equity quiz and have continued being part of quizzes since school (used to be the only girl competing in sports quiz then!), but I think 2010-11 is my only good chance of taking on some serious wins. Quest begins, and this is something I would surely enjoy!

1 comment:

ruchika said...

indeed, it was an exciting experience. the thrill of competing onstage is unparalleled! we should do it more often and win lots more prizes....