Saturday, March 20, 2010

Music and Memories


Photo: Long back, Garry and I won 2nd prize at a collage making competition, the nerds that we were (are), finding (some strange?) infinite joy in Trigonometry .. we called it "Dreams Unlimited"

On an afternoon just like the one today..oh no, I don't think I 'd be feeling the same like the one I am talking about. Today I 've got the time and space to think about the many that went by. Then, I was different. Everything around me was well, different. I was in a different space, but somewhere it feels deja vu. I get it, its the track that's playing in the background. Music evokes feelings and I love the emotional experience, the power it has to change your mood, thinking and actions! 

And I think about the days I used to dance to MTV playing in the TV room whenever my favourite track came, and those when I had a walkman, and that felt like the greatest gift from God. I just downloaded some songs of the "era", and I feel I am back there: a teenager, singing about feelings I didn't know then but know now. Maybe I 'll understand some songs better a few years down the line. 

I don't think I' ve spent a single day without listening or singing something. I 've lived in a musically inspired family and that helped alot. I love muzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaak ! 

2 comments:

Garry said...

i so loved that trip.. till date.. even after having spent some considerable time in bangalore.. the first thought that comes to my mind when i think "bangalore" is that trip..seriosuly!!

nixkina said...

yea, I know, I remember that wonderfully long train journey...antakshari and gossip sessions..those contests we entered at Unmaad!Our start to a rocking life in a new city hehe!